Why Everyone Should Read

 As the novelist Walter Mosley once said, "I'm not saying that you have to be a reader to save your soul in the modern world, I'm saying it helps."

I thinking reading is one of the most beautiful habits that one could cultivate.

It is the fastest means to get a deep dive into the different worlds that exist in this very world. Or even the different worlds created by the powerful capabilities of the human mind.

It is the fastest means to get exposure.

When you read something which speaks to you, you learn speaking to yourself.

When you have a habit of reading, you learn and grow by design.

You learn to live a better life and you start living a better life. 

You learn to have conversations with people because when you're reading a book, you are actually listening to a person, you're listening what a character has to say, you are listening what an author has to say, you are listening to what you are feeling, you are listening to what you are thinking, thus you are learning to listen to yourself.

Reading can help you find things which interests you, reading can help you find problems which you love solving. I think finding a problem which interest you can be the biggest life hack! And I think the only life hack you'll ever need.

Damn reading can help you find your life partner. It can help you know yourself better. It can improve your relationships.

Thus actually improving your whole damn life!

"Alright enough of knowledge! Where do I begin?" 

If you haven't read any book, pick up Atomic Habits.It's not only a great book, it would help you further in your journey of reading. Read a few pages every day.

If you have read some books earlier, just pickup any book! No matter the topic. No matter the genre. Read 3 pages everyday and you'll be good to go!

Once this is done, you'll have some sort of reps built up. Now think of anything that you love. Difficult? Think of anything that you like, any topic, any genre, romance, crime-thriller, sports, biographies, relationships, science, philosophy, psychology anything at all! Just pick up!

As the entrepreneur and deep-thinker Naval Ravikant once said, "Read what you love until you love to read."

I'm writing this because I love reading.

I'm writing this because I think reading is important.

I love that it gives us the opportunity to have a conversation with someone across the globe, even someone across a different time in history. If this isn't beautiful, what is my friend?

Happy Reading :)


Love!

Fazal Karim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Key Lessons I Learnt in 2021

5 YouTube Channels That Have Taught Me More Than School

5 Things I Want To Learn!